When you test drive a used car at your local auto dealer in Snohomish County, it is important that you have a good checklist to follow. Some people may think that going with a used car can be a bit of a gamble but you will see that being prepared with a checklist can make a world of difference. Taking your time for a thorough walk through of the vehicle and a detailed checklist for your test drive will help you to settle on the best option for your needs and your budget.
Instead of simply making sure that you have a vehicle that looks good and drives well, you need to think about a number of other elements. These are some of the things that you need to look at when you are test driving a vehicle:
- Take a moment to look at the tires to see how much tread there is. Are the tires matched well for the type of vehicle and does it look like the wear is even?
- If you are able to see through the spokes on the wheels, take a look to see if the brake rotors are in good condition.
- Look around the vehicle to see if there is any rippling that could tell you there have been body repairs done in the past.
- Take a few minutes to open up each of the doors as well as the trunk. Every entrance point should open and close as smoothly as possible.
- Always check under the vehicle to make sure that there are no fluid leaks. This should be done while the engine is off as well as when the engine is running.
- When driving, make sure that you get the vehicle up to at least 60 mph or over to see if there are any front-end issues that may be looming.
- Are there any noises that you hear during acceleration that are odd.
- Does the transmission seem to shift in a smooth manner?
Of course, you may have some other personal preferences that you are looking for when you test drive a used car. The good news is that our staff at Half Price Cars will be happy to show you our full inventory and walk you through the test drive process. Whether you are looking for a second vehicle or first car, we are there to make the shopping and buying as fun and memorable as possible.